Tuesday, September 04, 2007

marriage ENRICHMENT seminar

I am indeed very very equipped now to face the challenges in life. More particularly in the areas of husband and wife relationship. Personally, the DISC personality profile helped me a lot in understanding a person's character. I am an with an OTTER personality...using the BLOG profiler hahah... There is a Lion, Beaver and a Golden Retriever too..

A word from the Organiser Bro Teck Chung
Brothers & Sisters,

Big thank you and my heart felt appreciation for your participation on this Marriage Enrichment Seminar. God is great and He knows what he wants to accomplish rather than what man wants. God has once again opened up my eyes to see his higher ways . The supports that you all rendered to me & my family has strengthened my faith and gave me the energy to walk the extra mile in ministries for Christ.

Let's continue to work out our marriage under the wings of our Lord's guidance and let's do our little part to share with those of this marvellous blessings that we experienced during the last few days. Prayerfully that may ignite their desire desiring a stronger marriage bonding and oneness in family ministries. Will you join me as partners on this family and marriage oneness movement ?

God bless
Teck Chung



Judy... and she knows my Love Language!!!!! Yeah




a sharing by Bro James Wong
Hi fellow GMCians!

Roseline and I were unable to attend the Fri & Sat sessions, but it was a blessing to be part of yesterday's program! Four years ago my wife and I renewed our marriage vows at a similar program organized by our church, and it was a privilege to do it again last night. After 23 years together we are still learning how to develop a healthy marriage and our job is done much easier through God's grace and love. Teck Chung, we applaud you for a job well-done! Two thumbs up to you!

We had dinner at Mahogony Room, Eastwood Golf and Country Club. For starters, there was karaoke. I was stunned to discover so many karaoke superstars from GMC! And I was thrown out of orbit when they sang! I now know for sure we won't be lacking of Praise and Worship singers. Maggie sugggested a brilliant idea - we should organize a Couple's Night where parents/couples can de-stress and enjoy an evening of dinner and dance. Isn't this a great idea (without your kids around)? If you have more suggestions, do let us know - your input will be much appreciated.

May I say all of us present last night were touched by Siu Ling's testimony - how she and her husband Kheng Jin found our Father's love and favor in times of adversity, the story of their three daughters and how their bondage of being unchurched was broken by a NZ Christian family. Thank you Siu Ling and Kheng Jin, for reminding us Psalm 23.

Our visiting Pastor, the good Rev Dr Herbert Tam was very impressed and reminded us that GMCians have a strong sense of community and support.

So how would I describe yesterday? To put it simply,

Roseline and I experienced yesterday Lord, Your overflowing Spirit.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Psalm 23:5

To your blessed week ahead,
James and Roseline Wong

THE 8 COUPLES (full participation)
William and Theresa
Chua and Siu Ling
Richard and Sherene
Me( hahaha) & Hubby

Aaron & Irene
Paul & Maggie

KC & Alicia
Ngu & Jennifer



By Bro Tan Kok Chui

Dear brothers and sisters of Grace Methodist Church, I consider myself very honored to be able to participate in our recent marriage enhancement seminar. Never did I realise how much we (Alicia + myself) would have miss the very important skills in managing a healthy and blessed family had we not attended. Indeed the following quotation is very valid: "This is a church for the whole family. Here, we emphasise the importance of belonging and serving the Body of Christ. We believe our Church (whole family of Christ) will help you maximise your potential in Christ, maintain a loving relationship with God and your fellowmen, and equip you for service." Brother Hurbert coined us the seminar group as the community gathering. I shared with Alicia that was what I prayed all along, that GMC will be a community church and our youth will be an intergral part of it. Well, God again answered my prayer and called us all to be faithful. God will take over from now on and we will enjoy the fruits only if we trust and obey in Him. I pray that we will allow God to do just that. Today, the words for me is: When I grow old, Lord I pray that I will see the fruits of my labor and rejoice, knowing that all my efforts were well worth the time and energy I put into them. Amen. To all who attended the marriage enhacement seminar, I wish you peace and harmony in your family setting. For those who miss it, no worries, there will be opportunity to catch up. Pray that this will encourage us all to move ahead in the same direction. regards, If this touch your hearts, share with as much GMC members as you see fit and let God be the glory.

Tan Kok Chui

COUPLE OF THE NITE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment