Tuesday, January 08, 2008

a new year..A NEW BEGINNING

Even though time and time again, we were reminded of God's love towards us, yet sometimes we just take it for granted. We whisked thru the days without even pausing to reflect upon His providence, His guidance, His protection. For one, i am guilty too.

I started off 2008 with new anticipation and excitement...looking forward to what the Lord has planned for me this year. New challenges, new relationships, everything new...

In His time, in His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time....

Just a few days before 2008....

Looking back, i have nothing to complain but to thank the wonderful Lord for these.

1. Ezra

Was enlisted in the NS, and was i ever so glad that her camp is just 30 minutes drive away from our home. The best thing about the NS is that Ezra met this challenge head-on.. Ppl were asking me is she cried, threw tantrum, refused to go.. and Praise the Lord, not only these did not happen, rather she looked forward to the whole thing. Made her own list of things to bring... hahaa..(over-packed her clothes)and her BIG Bible. I thanked the Lord that He watches over her and protected her.

Friends..do you know that when friends encouraged you, you can move mountains? When Christian friends are alongside you in your life journey, nothing is impossible? Why, because we all believe in the same Lord God Almighty!!! Praying together and for each other definitely encourages one to stay true to the Lord. I give thanks to You, Lord for sending TW into her life..(*wink). Zealous in her quest for God's Word and i can see transformation in her life. Even brought an extra Bible for her new friend in the camp.
Their first Sunday out.
2. Aaron

PMR result was okok lo. I have nothing to complain. He managed to get into half science stream and has a chance of going full science. Thank you Lord. A gentle and tender loving fellow... Lord do keep him that way... (hehe). His love for playing the bass guitar has increased. And i have the Wong brothers, Aaron and Abel to thank for that.!!!

3. Betsy

Everybody loves her...pampers her... well not everybody... This baby spends 2 tough years in the afternoon session and grew up tough too.. in character, speech and action(*shakes head). Looking back, she has transformed from a baby to a 'girl' and also to being able to stand up to 'bullies'...boy.. she(we) had come a long way..

Yesterday she told me this.."Mommy, 以前我每次说我不幸福。。。其实我很幸福因为你们很爱我, 给我support and encouragement. (but din give $$$ and hp ar) and helped me to develop my character and personality". I silently thanked the Lord for her that she finally realised that Character is important.

4. My DH for who he is and what he does to make the family a happy home.

5. Myself.... hahahaha... for the pple that has crossed my path in life, the new friendships (on average i make friends with at least 40 people a year). Thank you Lord.

and OF COURSE all these things are not possible if not for OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. Because of His great love....

Immanuel
by Max Lucado

The King walked over and reached for the book. He turned it toward Lucifer and commanded, "Come, Deceiver, read the name of the One who will call your bluff. Read the name of the One who will storm your gates."

Satan rose slowly off his haunches. Like a wary wolf, he walked a wide circle toward the desk until he stood before the volume and read the word:

"Immanuel?" he muttered to himself, then spoke in a tone of disbelief. "God with us?" For the first time the hooded head turned squarely toward the face of the Father. "No. Not even You would do that. Not even You would go so far."

"You've never believed me, Satan."

"But Immanuel? The plan is bizarre! You don't know what it's like on Earth! You don't know how dark I've made it. It's putrid. It's evil. It's..."

"IT IS MINE," proclaimed the King. "AND I WILL RECLAIM WHAT IS MINE. I WILL BECOME FLESH. I WILL FEEL WHAT MY CREATURES FEEL. I WILL SEE WHAT THEY SEE."

"But what of their sin?"

"I will bring mercy."

"What of their death?"

"I will give life."

Satan stood speechless.

God spoke, "I love my children. Love does not take away the beloved's freedom. But love takes away fear. And Immanuel will leave behind a tribe of fearless children. They will not fear you or your hell."

Satan stepped back at the thought. His retort was childish. "Th-th-they will too!"

"I will take away all sin. I will take away death. Without sin and without death, you have no power."

Around and around in a circle Satan paced, clenching and unclenching his wiry fingers. When he finally stopped, he asked a question that even I was thinking. "Why? Why would You do this?"

The Father's voice was deep and soft. "Because I love them."

No comments:

Post a Comment